Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Mama would be so proud.

Being the diligent student I am, I finished my legal theory paper Monday night, despite the fact that it isn't due until Thursday.

On Tuesday, for the hell of it, I chatted with my professor about what I'd done with my essay. He advised, albeit very nicely and helpfully, that I cut about half of the 8 pages (i.e. almost completely rewrite it all), read 500 pages of another political theorist's essays, then try to look at the prompt from a different angle.

So that's all I'm doing today. I'm not going to study much for my bioethics midterm tomorrow (despite my being terrible at all things science), because I want to get an A on this fucking paper. It's not even because I want to ace the class (which, okay, I totally do), but more to prove to myself that hard work really does pay off, and that I can do this.

Hooray for self-motivation!

No comments: